Talwars dismiss CBI allegations of trying to influence doctor
New Delhi: The dentist couple Rajesh and
Nupur Talwar on Friday dismissed CBI`s allegations in the closure
report in their daughter Aarushi murder case that they have
tried to influence the doctor who conducted the postmortem,
saying they have been "absolutely concocted".
When asked that the call records "indicate" that a
call was made to the doctor conducting the post-mortem, Nupur
Talwar said: "What does indicate mean...They have call
records. Either they know a call was made or they dont.. You
don`t get indications where a call comes from."
Visibly angry over the allegations and filing of the
closure report in the two-and-a-half-year-old murder case,
Rajesh Talwar said that he had extended all possible
cooperation in the probe.
"I opened my mind to them. I underwent lie detector,
brain mapping and what they have done," he said.
"It is their job to get evidence. They dont find
evidence then how do they put allegations," Nupur said.
Rajesh Talwar said he has tolerated this for two years
and did every thing what the CBI told him to.
"I have had enough of this," he said.
On the question that Talwar was surfing net at the
time of murder, he said he had never denied that he was not
"I had told them I was surfing the net till 11.30 when
I got a call from my brother. After completing the
conversation, I switched off the net and went to sleep," he
When asked whether he had refused to identify the body
of Hemraj, Nupur Talwar said that they had collected the ashes
of their daughter and going to Haridwar when the call that
body has been found on the terrace.
"He (Rajesh) was not a normal person. He had collected
ashes of his daughter... The body was swollen and two day old.
What do they expect of him," she said.
"I had told them that it could be his body but I was
not sure," Rajesh said.
Rajesh said he called Nupur to ask what was Hemraj
wearing and then called the police again to say that the body
could be of Hemraj.
The couple demanded that CBI should conducted touch
DNA to get evidence and constitute a fresh team of officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption