Talwars dismiss CBI allegations of trying to influence doctor
New Delhi: The dentist couple Rajesh and
Nupur Talwar on Friday dismissed CBI`s allegations in the closure
report in their daughter Aarushi murder case that they have
tried to influence the doctor who conducted the postmortem,
saying they have been "absolutely concocted".
When asked that the call records "indicate" that a
call was made to the doctor conducting the post-mortem, Nupur
Talwar said: "What does indicate mean...They have call
records. Either they know a call was made or they dont.. You
don`t get indications where a call comes from."
Visibly angry over the allegations and filing of the
closure report in the two-and-a-half-year-old murder case,
Rajesh Talwar said that he had extended all possible
cooperation in the probe.
"I opened my mind to them. I underwent lie detector,
brain mapping and what they have done," he said.
"It is their job to get evidence. They dont find
evidence then how do they put allegations," Nupur said.
Rajesh Talwar said he has tolerated this for two years
and did every thing what the CBI told him to.
"I have had enough of this," he said.
On the question that Talwar was surfing net at the
time of murder, he said he had never denied that he was not
"I had told them I was surfing the net till 11.30 when
I got a call from my brother. After completing the
conversation, I switched off the net and went to sleep," he
When asked whether he had refused to identify the body
of Hemraj, Nupur Talwar said that they had collected the ashes
of their daughter and going to Haridwar when the call that
body has been found on the terrace.
"He (Rajesh) was not a normal person. He had collected
ashes of his daughter... The body was swollen and two day old.
What do they expect of him," she said.
"I had told them that it could be his body but I was
not sure," Rajesh said.
Rajesh said he called Nupur to ask what was Hemraj
wearing and then called the police again to say that the body
could be of Hemraj.
The couple demanded that CBI should conducted touch
DNA to get evidence and constitute a fresh team of officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri
- GST Bill: Efforts to hammer out consensus gathers momentum, likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha next week
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD