Talwars used golf club, knife to kill Aarushi, says CBI
Ghaziabad: On the fourth day of its final arguments in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, the CBI claimed the Talwars had killed their daughter and their servant.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence on May 16, 2008. Hemraj`s body was found on the terrace the next day.
Submitting before special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Judge S Lal, CBI lawyer RK Saini said the dentist couple, Rajesh and Nupur, displaced the iron gate at the main entrance when it was the prime evidence indicating how their maid Bharti first entered the house after the crime.
Whether the flat was locked from outside or not could be justified by the same iron gate but the Talwars displaced it and hence tampered with the evidence.
The parents dressed up the crime scene and got the room repainted in the same colour.
Saini claimed the Talwars conspired with former Uttar Pradesh policeman KK Gautam in recovering Hemraj`s body.
They also tried to influence the doctor who performed post-mortem not to put rape on record through Dinesh Talwar and Sushil Chaudhary, both doctors.
Saini said that on the night of the crime, there were only four people present - Rajesh Talwar, Nupur, Aarushi and Hemraj. There was no outside entry and, therefore, the parents only killed their daughter and their servant.
The prosecution then concluded its arguments.
The judge adjourned the case to Friday, when the defence will submit its arguments.
Earlier, the final arguments began after the Talwars tried to delay it for want of evidence - forensic tests of servants be placed on record before final arguments take place.
But, on the initiative of the prosecution agency, the submission of final arguments could begin on October 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016
- Jallikattu: Customs, traditions have to pass legal and constitutional test as well, says SC
- Milky Way's hot gaseous Halo spins like a disk!
- 'Pained' by Una episode, many Dalits plan to embrace Buddhism
- 28 killed, scores injured in floods, landslides across Nepal
- Alcoholism charge against Bhagwant Mann baseless: AAP