Tamil Nadu Governor, Karunanidhi mourn rape victim`s death
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah and DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Saturday expressed grief over the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim in a Singapore hospital.
"I am deeply shocked and grieved to hear about the tragic death of the young girl who had lost her life due to the brutality and shameful act," Rosaiah said in a Raj Bhavan statement here.
He called upon all to join hands to put an end to such happenings and "fight against such acts of brutality and ensure safety and security for women."
Karunanidhi expressed shock over the incident and said he was deeply concerned over the woman passing away.
He said instances of rape, especially in Tamil Nadu, were on the rise and called for stringent action.
"The strong punishment to perpetrators of such crime would be to put them in isolation for life in prison. Centre and state governments should take a strong decision in this regard," he said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'