Tatkal scheme extended to Duronto trains
New Delhi: Soon passengers will be able to
book tickets under Tatkal scheme for Duronto trains as
Railways Ministry has decided to extend the facility in the
premier rail service from April next year.
Besides, the ministry has also decided to accept `Aadhaar`
cards as identity proof for Tatkal scheme which allows online
booking of tickets 24 hours before the day of journey.
"The Tatkal ticket booking facility will be available for
all Duronto Express trains from April 1, 2012 as necessary
instructions to this effect have been issued to all zonal
railways," said a senior Railway Ministry official.
The extent of accommodation and charges to be realised
for Tatkal booking in different classes in Duronto trains,
which have point to point service, will be the same as
applicable to the mail or express trains.
The Ministry has decided to incorporate Aadhar as one of
identity proofs acceptable for undertaking journey on
e-tickets as well as under Tatkal scheme, said the official.
Voter Photo Identity Card, passport, PAN card, driving
license, student identity card, nationalised bank passbook
with photograph, credit cards are other proofs accepted by
railways for issuing online tickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?