Teacher arrested for molesting law student in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A lecturer at the University Institute of Law and Management Studies (UILMS) here was arrested Monday for molesting and harassing a third year law student, police said.
Police arrested the accused after a complaint was filed by the victim, an official told a news agency.
"A case under sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) has been registered against the accused," Jaiprakash, chief of the Sector 40 police station, said.
Students of the UILMS disrupted traffic outside the campus for several hours Monday and raised slogans against the college management.
"The victim had lodged a complaint against the lecturer two days ago but the management did not take any action," a student alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation