Teacher arrested for molesting law student in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A lecturer at the University Institute of Law and Management Studies (UILMS) here was arrested Monday for molesting and harassing a third year law student, police said.
Police arrested the accused after a complaint was filed by the victim, an official told a news agency.
"A case under sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) has been registered against the accused," Jaiprakash, chief of the Sector 40 police station, said.
Students of the UILMS disrupted traffic outside the campus for several hours Monday and raised slogans against the college management.
"The victim had lodged a complaint against the lecturer two days ago but the management did not take any action," a student alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what