Teacher arrested for molesting law student in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A lecturer at the University Institute of Law and Management Studies (UILMS) here was arrested Monday for molesting and harassing a third year law student, police said.
Police arrested the accused after a complaint was filed by the victim, an official told a news agency.
"A case under sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) has been registered against the accused," Jaiprakash, chief of the Sector 40 police station, said.
Students of the UILMS disrupted traffic outside the campus for several hours Monday and raised slogans against the college management.
"The victim had lodged a complaint against the lecturer two days ago but the management did not take any action," a student alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends