Teacher held for molesting girl students
New Delhi: A 30-year-old primary school teacher was arrested here for molesting half a dozen of his students over several months, police said Saturday. The accused was presented in a court which sent him to judicial custody.
"Pradeep Kumar was arrested from Rohini area in north Delhi Friday," said a police officer.
The accused, a contract employee of the South Delhi Municipal Corporation, was teaching at a civic school at Zamroodpur in Greater Kailash in south Delhi, he said.
Police received a complaint Thursday when a victim approached the school principal with a verbal complaint. Six of her schoolmates, most of whom were aged around 11, made similar complaints against the teacher.
In the complaint given to police, it was said that Kumar lured them to a secluded spot in the school premises and molested them. He also threatened of physical assault.
Kumar was presented at a Saket court Saturday and sent to judicial custody for 14 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice