Teacher held for molesting girl students
New Delhi: A 30-year-old primary school teacher was arrested here for molesting half a dozen of his students over several months, police said Saturday. The accused was presented in a court which sent him to judicial custody.
"Pradeep Kumar was arrested from Rohini area in north Delhi Friday," said a police officer.
The accused, a contract employee of the South Delhi Municipal Corporation, was teaching at a civic school at Zamroodpur in Greater Kailash in south Delhi, he said.
Police received a complaint Thursday when a victim approached the school principal with a verbal complaint. Six of her schoolmates, most of whom were aged around 11, made similar complaints against the teacher.
In the complaint given to police, it was said that Kumar lured them to a secluded spot in the school premises and molested them. He also threatened of physical assault.
Kumar was presented at a Saket court Saturday and sent to judicial custody for 14 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi