Teacher held for molesting girl students
New Delhi: A 30-year-old primary school teacher was arrested here for molesting half a dozen of his students over several months, police said Saturday. The accused was presented in a court which sent him to judicial custody.
"Pradeep Kumar was arrested from Rohini area in north Delhi Friday," said a police officer.
The accused, a contract employee of the South Delhi Municipal Corporation, was teaching at a civic school at Zamroodpur in Greater Kailash in south Delhi, he said.
Police received a complaint Thursday when a victim approached the school principal with a verbal complaint. Six of her schoolmates, most of whom were aged around 11, made similar complaints against the teacher.
In the complaint given to police, it was said that Kumar lured them to a secluded spot in the school premises and molested them. He also threatened of physical assault.
Kumar was presented at a Saket court Saturday and sent to judicial custody for 14 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda