Teacher held for molesting girl students
New Delhi: A 30-year-old primary school teacher was arrested here for molesting half a dozen of his students over several months, police said Saturday. The accused was presented in a court which sent him to judicial custody.
"Pradeep Kumar was arrested from Rohini area in north Delhi Friday," said a police officer.
The accused, a contract employee of the South Delhi Municipal Corporation, was teaching at a civic school at Zamroodpur in Greater Kailash in south Delhi, he said.
Police received a complaint Thursday when a victim approached the school principal with a verbal complaint. Six of her schoolmates, most of whom were aged around 11, made similar complaints against the teacher.
In the complaint given to police, it was said that Kumar lured them to a secluded spot in the school premises and molested them. He also threatened of physical assault.
Kumar was presented at a Saket court Saturday and sent to judicial custody for 14 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list