Teachers should consider equality and inclusiveness of educational system: PM
New Delhi: Singh said as part of educational reforms, the country must emphasise on the empowerment of teachers that includes real opportunity for them to share policy perspectives and decision-making in pursuit of educational development and reforms.
"It is my belief that all teachers are creative and talented people. Teachers respond remarkably when they are respected and included in the decision-making integral to their work in the classroom," he said.
Teachers gain a sense of ownership over their work and their classrooms, when they were involved in the development of the curriculum, designing of the syllabus, making and selecting of teaching materials leading to their own intellectual and professional development, Singh said.
However, the Prime Minister said one critical area that
all teachers must reflect upon was equality and inclusiveness
of educational system.
"If efforts to increase student access, learning and
retention in elementary and secondary education are to succeed
and make headway, relevant and empowering teacher education is
of critical importance. This is particularly true of women
teachers who must serve as positive role models for our
society at large," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre