Teachers should consider equality and inclusiveness of educational system: PM
New Delhi: Singh said as part of educational reforms, the country must emphasise on the empowerment of teachers that includes real opportunity for them to share policy perspectives and decision-making in pursuit of educational development and reforms.
"It is my belief that all teachers are creative and talented people. Teachers respond remarkably when they are respected and included in the decision-making integral to their work in the classroom," he said.
Teachers gain a sense of ownership over their work and their classrooms, when they were involved in the development of the curriculum, designing of the syllabus, making and selecting of teaching materials leading to their own intellectual and professional development, Singh said.
However, the Prime Minister said one critical area that
all teachers must reflect upon was equality and inclusiveness
of educational system.
"If efforts to increase student access, learning and
retention in elementary and secondary education are to succeed
and make headway, relevant and empowering teacher education is
of critical importance. This is particularly true of women
teachers who must serve as positive role models for our
society at large," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees