Team Anna remains defiant
New Delhi: Team Anna on Tuesday remained defiant despite a censure from Parliament over the language used in attacking lawmakers, saying questions still remained on issues raised by them and it reaffirms the public perception about
lawmakers` non-seriousness to root out corruption.
Soon after Parliament passed the resolution, Team Anna
member Arvind Kejriwal said there were questions in people`s
minds and none has been addressed yet.
"In future, will bills be torn apart again..? In future,
will mikes and chairs be thrown around..? Horse trading of MPs
continues. These are the questions which remain," Kejriwal
MPs in Lok Sabha had hit out at Team Anna yesterday for
using derogatory language against Parliamentarians and
political parties during Anna Hazare`s one-day fast at Jantar
Mantar on Sunday.
In her reaction, another key member Kiran Bedi said it
was an opportunity for a debate in Parliament on trying to
understand the real reason for public outcry which is for
"Parliament could have resolved not to give tickets to
persons who have been judicially charged of serious heinous
crimes. And also have special courts to expedite trials of
such persons who want to represent the people in the temples
"A historical opportunity lost. It also reaffirms the
public perception of non seriousness to root out corruption
but muzzle the voices which are questioning the increasing
criminalisation of politics as the main reason for passing a
weak lokpal in Lok Sabha," Bedi said.
She said there was a wide gap between what people need
and what MPs deliver. "It is a tragedy of our times. Hope it
ends soon," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information