Teased by neighbour, Class XI girl commits suicide in school
Gurgaon: A Class XI student of Jacobpura Government Girls` Senior Secondary School allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison on the school premises after being teased by a neighbour on Tuesday, police said.
The accused, Ravinder, sneaked into the school premises and teased her in front of others, leading her to consume poison. She was rushed to the civil hospital, then taken to a private hospital where she died.
Teachers and other students nabbed Ravinder and handed him over to police.
According to a police complaint filed by Hari Chand, the girl`s father, Ravinder and his friend Sonu had been teasing his daughter for the past two years.
He said he had even complained to their fathers but the teasing continued.
Police have registered a case under under Section 306 (abetment to commit suicide) of the IPC against the duo. Their fathers have been made co-accused in the case, a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!