Teased by neighbour, Class XI girl commits suicide in school
Gurgaon: A Class XI student of Jacobpura Government Girls` Senior Secondary School allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison on the school premises after being teased by a neighbour on Tuesday, police said.
The accused, Ravinder, sneaked into the school premises and teased her in front of others, leading her to consume poison. She was rushed to the civil hospital, then taken to a private hospital where she died.
Teachers and other students nabbed Ravinder and handed him over to police.
According to a police complaint filed by Hari Chand, the girl`s father, Ravinder and his friend Sonu had been teasing his daughter for the past two years.
He said he had even complained to their fathers but the teasing continued.
Police have registered a case under under Section 306 (abetment to commit suicide) of the IPC against the duo. Their fathers have been made co-accused in the case, a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in