Techie`s pregnant wife falls from 5th floor, dies
Noida: A software engineer`s pregnant wife on Thursday fell to her death from the fifth floor of her Sector 82 Kendriya Vihar apartment, with her parents claiming that it is a dowry death, police said.
Software engineer Anurag Jain was married to Sanjal, resident of Mumbai, in May last year, and she was working as an administrative officer at Delhi electricity department, police said.
Jain told police that he came to know about her death only after neighbours informed him, they said.
The woman`s parents alleged that her husband was demanding dowry and she had died as she had refused to give it, police said.
Her husband has been put to detailed interrogation and a probe is on, DSP Raj Kumar Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next