Technical snag hits Delhi Metro again
New Delhi: A technical snag on the Dwarka-Noida Metro route here on Saturday morning resulted in a 50-minute delay, leading to massive crowds at platforms and inconveniencing commuters.
An official of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said: "There was a technical glitch because of which there was a delay in the running of the Metro. The problem has, however, been sorted out now."
In recent weeks, there have several incidents of technical snags disrupting Metro services, especially during morning and evening peak hours.
Pragya Vats, a regular commuter, said: "With frequent delays and snags every now and then, the Metro has become unreliable."
Alice Wayne, a second year college student, said: "Technical glitches, a huge rush and long delays are routine these days. I live in Noida and miss my morning classes often."
The Jehangirpuri-Gurgaon line trains were also plying slowly on Saturday, particularly between Qutub Minar and Huda City Centre due to a technical fault.
The DMRC official said technical glitches could not be avoided totally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH