Technical snag hits Delhi Metro, commuters hassled
New Delhi: Commuters of the Delhi Metro were left hassled on Saturday as a technical snag on one of its lines hit services, causing inordinate delays.
The snag affected the violet line, or the Badarpur-Central Secretariat stretch of the Metro network.
"There was a circuit failure as a result of which the exact location of a train was not getting determined. This led to all the trains on that route being operated manually since 10 a.m.," an official of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said.
As a result, instead of the usual 80 kilometres per hour (kmph) speed, the trains were running at a speed of 35-40 kmph and therefore the delay, the official added.
Mohammad Rashid, who boarded the train at Jasola Apollo station said: "I spent more than one hour travelling in the Metro today, instead of the usual 25 minutes. So I was really late for work."
Surya Jha, who travels from Badarpur to Central Secretariat daily, added: "It was too problematic. At every station the train stopped for more than five minutes."
The DMRC official added: "Determining the exact problem took a long time and work to restore normalcy is on."
The official did not specify when normal services would be restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what