Technical snag hits Delhi Metro
New Delhi: Thousands of Delhi Metro commuters were hit on Thursday as a technical glitch hit the blue line, forcing trains to run at a restricted speed.
Large crowds piled up at platforms all along the busy route that links Dwarka in west Delhi with Noida and Vaishali in Uttar Pradesh.
A Delhi Metro official said: "There was a technical glitch in the track circuit system at Rajouri Garden around 10.40 am because of which there was a delay. The problem has been sorted out.”
"There was a delay in (running of trains) for about 15 minutes," the official added.
The 49-km long blue line is the longest Delhi Metro network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!