Technical snag hits Delhi Metro
New Delhi: Thousands of Delhi Metro commuters were hit on Thursday as a technical glitch hit the blue line, forcing trains to run at a restricted speed.
Large crowds piled up at platforms all along the busy route that links Dwarka in west Delhi with Noida and Vaishali in Uttar Pradesh.
A Delhi Metro official said: "There was a technical glitch in the track circuit system at Rajouri Garden around 10.40 am because of which there was a delay. The problem has been sorted out.”
"There was a delay in (running of trains) for about 15 minutes," the official added.
The 49-km long blue line is the longest Delhi Metro network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress