Teenage girl shot dead by relative in south Delhi
New Delhi: An 18-year-old girl was shot dead in her south Delhi residence Friday morning allegedly by a distant relative, who was "stalking" her for last five years.
Pinki, a class XII student in government school at RK Puram Sector 5, was killed by the youth at her home in Budh Vihar area of Munirka, police said.
The youth, later identified as Subhash, entered the house, closed the girl`s room and allegedly pumped bullets into her chest, a senior police official said.
Pinki was rushed to Safdarjung Hospital where she was declared brought dead.
Subhash was arrested tonight.
"Her aunt was present in the house when the incident took place. After shooting her the boy fled from the scene," the official said.
"He is a relative of my sister-in-law and my nephew. The person used to call me and threaten that he will kill my daughter. He was following my daughter since she was 13. He was forcing her to marry him," the victim`s father, Pritam said.
Pritam is a plumber while the girl`s mother works as a domestic help. Pinki was their only child and was waiting for her Class XII results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie