Teenage girl shot dead by relative in south Delhi
New Delhi: An 18-year-old girl was shot dead in her south Delhi residence Friday morning allegedly by a distant relative, who was "stalking" her for last five years.
Pinki, a class XII student in government school at RK Puram Sector 5, was killed by the youth at her home in Budh Vihar area of Munirka, police said.
The youth, later identified as Subhash, entered the house, closed the girl`s room and allegedly pumped bullets into her chest, a senior police official said.
Pinki was rushed to Safdarjung Hospital where she was declared brought dead.
Subhash was arrested tonight.
"Her aunt was present in the house when the incident took place. After shooting her the boy fled from the scene," the official said.
"He is a relative of my sister-in-law and my nephew. The person used to call me and threaten that he will kill my daughter. He was following my daughter since she was 13. He was forcing her to marry him," the victim`s father, Pritam said.
Pritam is a plumber while the girl`s mother works as a domestic help. Pinki was their only child and was waiting for her Class XII results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS