Teenaged couple commits suicide in Delhi
New Delhi: In a tragic incident, a teenaged couple - both school students and apparently in a relationship - ended their lives Wednesday by jumping to death before a train in the capital, police said.
While the boy, 17, was a class 12 student in a government school, the girl, 15, was a class nine student of DAV school and both were supposedly in love. What forced the couple to take the extreme step is still being investigated, police said.
"It appears as if they were having an affair but there was some opposition. We are quizzing the families and will reach a conclusion soon," Sanjay Bhatia, additional deputy commissioner of police (crime and railway) told a news agency.
According to police, the incident took place at 4:30 pm at a railway line in Narela, north Delhi where the couple resided.
The police have found no suicide note at the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report