Teenaged couple commits suicide in Delhi
New Delhi: In a tragic incident, a teenaged couple - both school students and apparently in a relationship - ended their lives Wednesday by jumping to death before a train in the capital, police said.
While the boy, 17, was a class 12 student in a government school, the girl, 15, was a class nine student of DAV school and both were supposedly in love. What forced the couple to take the extreme step is still being investigated, police said.
"It appears as if they were having an affair but there was some opposition. We are quizzing the families and will reach a conclusion soon," Sanjay Bhatia, additional deputy commissioner of police (crime and railway) told a news agency.
According to police, the incident took place at 4:30 pm at a railway line in Narela, north Delhi where the couple resided.
The police have found no suicide note at the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda