Teenaged couple commits suicide in Delhi
New Delhi: In a tragic incident, a teenaged couple - both school students and apparently in a relationship - ended their lives Wednesday by jumping to death before a train in the capital, police said.
While the boy, 17, was a class 12 student in a government school, the girl, 15, was a class nine student of DAV school and both were supposedly in love. What forced the couple to take the extreme step is still being investigated, police said.
"It appears as if they were having an affair but there was some opposition. We are quizzing the families and will reach a conclusion soon," Sanjay Bhatia, additional deputy commissioner of police (crime and railway) told a news agency.
According to police, the incident took place at 4:30 pm at a railway line in Narela, north Delhi where the couple resided.
The police have found no suicide note at the spot.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'