Teenaged couple commits suicide in Delhi
New Delhi: In a tragic incident, a teenaged couple - both school students and apparently in a relationship - ended their lives Wednesday by jumping to death before a train in the capital, police said.
While the boy, 17, was a class 12 student in a government school, the girl, 15, was a class nine student of DAV school and both were supposedly in love. What forced the couple to take the extreme step is still being investigated, police said.
"It appears as if they were having an affair but there was some opposition. We are quizzing the families and will reach a conclusion soon," Sanjay Bhatia, additional deputy commissioner of police (crime and railway) told a news agency.
According to police, the incident took place at 4:30 pm at a railway line in Narela, north Delhi where the couple resided.
The police have found no suicide note at the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney