Teenaged couple commits suicide in Delhi
New Delhi: In a tragic incident, a teenaged couple - both school students and apparently in a relationship - ended their lives Wednesday by jumping to death before a train in the capital, police said.
While the boy, 17, was a class 12 student in a government school, the girl, 15, was a class nine student of DAV school and both were supposedly in love. What forced the couple to take the extreme step is still being investigated, police said.
"It appears as if they were having an affair but there was some opposition. We are quizzing the families and will reach a conclusion soon," Sanjay Bhatia, additional deputy commissioner of police (crime and railway) told a news agency.
According to police, the incident took place at 4:30 pm at a railway line in Narela, north Delhi where the couple resided.
The police have found no suicide note at the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi