Teenaged girl raped in capital
New Delhi: A teenaged girl was raped in south east Delhi allegedly by a 28-year-old man, police said on Monday.
The 15-year-old girl was at the tea shop in Sangam Vihar run by her mother when Brijesh, who runs a retail store next to her shop, allegedly lured her over to his shop.
When the girl reached the shop, Brijesh allegedly downed the shutter and attacked the girl.
"She resisted but Brijesh allegedly beat her up and raped her. He later threatened her with dire consequences if she revealed the incident to anyone," a senior police official said.
The incident came to light when the girl returned home and narrated to her mother what had been done to her.
Police was informed and a medical examination confirmed that she was sexually assaulted.
Brijesh was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say