Teenaged girl raped in capital
New Delhi: A teenaged girl was raped in south east Delhi allegedly by a 28-year-old man, police said on Monday.
The 15-year-old girl was at the tea shop in Sangam Vihar run by her mother when Brijesh, who runs a retail store next to her shop, allegedly lured her over to his shop.
When the girl reached the shop, Brijesh allegedly downed the shutter and attacked the girl.
"She resisted but Brijesh allegedly beat her up and raped her. He later threatened her with dire consequences if she revealed the incident to anyone," a senior police official said.
The incident came to light when the girl returned home and narrated to her mother what had been done to her.
Police was informed and a medical examination confirmed that she was sexually assaulted.
Brijesh was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured