Teenaged girl rescued from New Delhi
Berhampur: An 18-year-old girl from Daringbadi area in Odisha`s Kandhamal district was rescued from New Delhi`s Nihal Vihar recently, police said on Thursday.
The girl from Ugadinga village was working as a domestic help in a house when the police located her on Saturday.
"The girl was united with her parents on Tuesday," said Inspector In-Charge (IIC) of Daringibadi police station JK Hial.
The girl was missing for the last six months and her father had lodged an FIR on January 8 after all their searches proved futile. Acting on a tip-off, a police team was sent to New Delhi, police sources said.
The Police, however, said they were searching for the person who had taken her to New Delhi.
"We are yet to record the girl`s statement," Hilal said.
The girl`s statement assumes significance as several girls in their teens are allegedly trafficked from the district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'