Teenaged girl rescued from New Delhi
Berhampur: An 18-year-old girl from Daringbadi area in Odisha`s Kandhamal district was rescued from New Delhi`s Nihal Vihar recently, police said on Thursday.
The girl from Ugadinga village was working as a domestic help in a house when the police located her on Saturday.
"The girl was united with her parents on Tuesday," said Inspector In-Charge (IIC) of Daringibadi police station JK Hial.
The girl was missing for the last six months and her father had lodged an FIR on January 8 after all their searches proved futile. Acting on a tip-off, a police team was sent to New Delhi, police sources said.
The Police, however, said they were searching for the person who had taken her to New Delhi.
"We are yet to record the girl`s statement," Hilal said.
The girl`s statement assumes significance as several girls in their teens are allegedly trafficked from the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre