Teenaged girl shot dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A girl studying in Class XII was shot dead on Friday morning allegedly by a youth in her house in South Delhi with her father alleging that a distant relative, who was stalking her, could be behind it.
The youth entered the house in Budh Vihar in Munirka area, closed the girl`s room and pumped bullets into her chest, a senior police official said.
The victim has been identified as Pinki (18), a student of government school in RK Puram Sector 5.
"Her aunt was present in the house when the incident took place. After shooting her, the boy whose identity is yet to be ascertained, fled from the scene," the official said.
The victim`s aunt tried to chase the youth but he fled from the spot.
Pinki was rushed to Safdarjung Hospital where she was declared brought dead.
The victim`s father Pritam said that he suspect one of his relatives to be behind the murder.
"He is a relative of my sister-in-law and my nephew. The person used to call me and threaten that he will kill my daughter. He was following my daughter since she was 13. He was forcing her to marry him," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'