Teenaged girl shot dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A girl studying in Class XII was shot dead on Friday morning allegedly by a youth in her house in South Delhi with her father alleging that a distant relative, who was stalking her, could be behind it.
The youth entered the house in Budh Vihar in Munirka area, closed the girl`s room and pumped bullets into her chest, a senior police official said.
The victim has been identified as Pinki (18), a student of government school in RK Puram Sector 5.
"Her aunt was present in the house when the incident took place. After shooting her, the boy whose identity is yet to be ascertained, fled from the scene," the official said.
The victim`s aunt tried to chase the youth but he fled from the spot.
Pinki was rushed to Safdarjung Hospital where she was declared brought dead.
The victim`s father Pritam said that he suspect one of his relatives to be behind the murder.
"He is a relative of my sister-in-law and my nephew. The person used to call me and threaten that he will kill my daughter. He was following my daughter since she was 13. He was forcing her to marry him," he claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India