Teenaged girl shot dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A girl studying in Class XII was shot dead on Friday morning allegedly by a youth in her house in South Delhi with her father alleging that a distant relative, who was stalking her, could be behind it.
The youth entered the house in Budh Vihar in Munirka area, closed the girl`s room and pumped bullets into her chest, a senior police official said.
The victim has been identified as Pinki (18), a student of government school in RK Puram Sector 5.
"Her aunt was present in the house when the incident took place. After shooting her, the boy whose identity is yet to be ascertained, fled from the scene," the official said.
The victim`s aunt tried to chase the youth but he fled from the spot.
Pinki was rushed to Safdarjung Hospital where she was declared brought dead.
The victim`s father Pritam said that he suspect one of his relatives to be behind the murder.
"He is a relative of my sister-in-law and my nephew. The person used to call me and threaten that he will kill my daughter. He was following my daughter since she was 13. He was forcing her to marry him," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family