Teenager arrested for murdering 7-year boy
New Delhi: A teenager was arrested Tuesday in connection with the murder of a seven-year-old child, whose body was found stuffed inside a cooler in Gokalpuri area of East Delhi.
Sachin, 19, was having an affair with victim`s mother Sana Khan and eliminated the boy identified as Sahil so that she could spend maximum time with him, according to police.
"Sachin was having an affair with Sana who along with her son stayed in his house on rent.
"She used to go to Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh to meet her daughter. Sachin did not like her frequent trips and wanted her to stay in Delhi all the time," said a police official.
He advised Sana to bring her daughter to Delhi but she told him that she cannot afford raising both the kids at the same time here, he said.
"Sachin thought that if he will eliminate Sahil, Sana will bring her daughter to Delhi and not go to Moradabad again. This prompted him to kill the boy," the official said.
As per his plan, Sachin abducted Sahil on Saturday evening and first banged his head into a wall, when he did not die of this, he strangled him to death and stuffed his body in the cooler.
Sahil`s body was discovered yesterday morning by a neighbour on the first floor of a nearby building, which also houses a temple.
Sahil had gone missing on Saturday evening.
Sana had lodged a complaint with police. His father Javed, a tailor, lives separately as the couple had broken off several years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you