Teenager assaulted by stalker
New Delhi: A 19-year-old girl student was allegedly beaten up by her stalker here after she refused to give heed to his advances, police said on Sunday.
According to the police, the incident took place in the parking area of Karkardooma metro station in east Delhi on the evening of May 30.
The girl, a student of BBA second year, used to go to Janak Puri here to appear for her examination where one of her batch-mate and accused Rishabh Sharma met her.
The victim, in her complaint, said that since the day Sharma met her, he used to send messages and stalk her, the police said, adding, that on May 30, the accused followed the girl till Karkardooma metro station where she had gone to pick her scooty.
At the parking, Sharma proposed to her but on her refusal, he abused and punched her several times on her face, it said.
The police said that after few passerby saw the commotion in the parking, they came for victim`s help while the accused fled from the spot.
The girl was taken to a nearby hospital where she was released after preliminary medication, a senior police officer said adding that a case under relevant sections has been lodged against the absconding accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued