Teenager molested aboard moving bus in Delhi
New Delhi: A teenaged girl was molested allegedly by a conductor in a bus here late Saturday night, close on the heels of the brutal gang-rape of a young woman.
The incident took place in Mandi House in central Delhi at around 11 pm yesterday and the victim is a 16-year-old girl.
"The girl had boarded cluster orange bus. When it reached near Mandi House around 11 pm, she was molested by the conductor of another bus who was travelling in the same vehicle," a senior police official said.
He said the girl had left the house angry with her family.
"The girl left her house at around 9:30 pm. The bus reached Mandi House at around 11 pm. A separate case of kidnapping is found registered about the same girl at her home police station. She left the house due to unhappiness with her family," the official said.
The bus was plying between Khayala to Lajpat Nagar.
Ranjit Singh, who was off the duty, was arrested by Constables who were on patrolling near Mandi House.
A case under sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of Indian Penal Code has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him