Teenager murdered, friends held
New Delhi: A teenager was brutally murdered allegedly by his four friends following an argument between them over a petty issue, police said today.
According to the police, the deceased, identified as 17-year-old Ravi, had been missing from his house since Thursday evening and his body was found close to a mall in Mayur Vihar yesterday morning.
"When Ravi`s parents approached us, we informed them that a body of a teenager was found near a shopping mall in Mayur Vihar. The body was identified by them as their son," said a police official.
Ravi`s parents told police that he had gone out with his friends on Thursday evening, following which they were questioned, police said.
"During investigation, it was revealed that Ravi was beaten up by his friends after an argument broke out between them over a trivial issue. They went on to hit him with a broken bottle of beer and then bludgeoned his face with a stone to hide his identity and fled from the spot," said a police official.
All the four youths, who had allegedly murdered Ravi has been apprehended and two of them are juveniles, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre