Teenager thwarts rape attempt in south Delhi
New Delhi: Showing immense courage, a 19-year-old girl thwarted a rape bid by putting up a brave fight against the three men who abducted her and took her to a nearby forest area.
According to the police, the incident took place around 8 PM last night when the girl had gone out for fetching water from a local tap in Fatehpur Beri of south Delhi.
"When she was going to fetch water from nearby tap, her three neighbours reached there and abducted her and took her to nearby forest area. However, the girl fought with the men when they tried to rape her and managed to flee the spot," said a police officer.
Officer also said that after fleeing the spot, she reached home and informed her parents about her ordeal and later approached the local police.
The girl suffered injuries on her head and is currently admitted to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for medical treatment.
Police said that based on the girl`s complaint, a case under appropriate sections has been registered against the accused.
"Since a case has been registered, all the accused are absconding. Police have launched a manhunt to nab accused, who would be arrested soon," they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured