Teenager thwarts rape attempt in south Delhi
New Delhi: Showing immense courage, a 19-year-old girl thwarted a rape bid by putting up a brave fight against the three men who abducted her and took her to a nearby forest area.
According to the police, the incident took place around 8 PM last night when the girl had gone out for fetching water from a local tap in Fatehpur Beri of south Delhi.
"When she was going to fetch water from nearby tap, her three neighbours reached there and abducted her and took her to nearby forest area. However, the girl fought with the men when they tried to rape her and managed to flee the spot," said a police officer.
Officer also said that after fleeing the spot, she reached home and informed her parents about her ordeal and later approached the local police.
The girl suffered injuries on her head and is currently admitted to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for medical treatment.
Police said that based on the girl`s complaint, a case under appropriate sections has been registered against the accused.
"Since a case has been registered, all the accused are absconding. Police have launched a manhunt to nab accused, who would be arrested soon," they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?