Teenager thwarts rape attempt in south Delhi
New Delhi: Showing immense courage, a 19-year-old girl thwarted a rape bid by putting up a brave fight against the three men who abducted her and took her to a nearby forest area.
According to the police, the incident took place around 8 PM last night when the girl had gone out for fetching water from a local tap in Fatehpur Beri of south Delhi.
"When she was going to fetch water from nearby tap, her three neighbours reached there and abducted her and took her to nearby forest area. However, the girl fought with the men when they tried to rape her and managed to flee the spot," said a police officer.
Officer also said that after fleeing the spot, she reached home and informed her parents about her ordeal and later approached the local police.
The girl suffered injuries on her head and is currently admitted to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for medical treatment.
Police said that based on the girl`s complaint, a case under appropriate sections has been registered against the accused.
"Since a case has been registered, all the accused are absconding. Police have launched a manhunt to nab accused, who would be arrested soon," they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations