Tejinder files fresh plea in HC
New Delhi: Former Lt Gen Tejinder Singh on Wednesday moved the Delhi High Court afresh, seeking its direction to the Centre to give him a copy of its reply, which said the Defence Ministry had no role in issuing the press release that accused him of offering bribe to the Army chief.
The former officer, facing a CBI probe for allegedly offering Rs 14 crore bribe to Army Chief General V K Singh to clear a tranche of 600 Tatra trucks for the force, has filed the application before Justice Mukta Gupta.
The court, which is already hearing his plea seeking withdrawal of the Army`s March 5 press release on the ground that it was harming his fundamental right to reputation, today slated May 24 for hearing his fresh application.
"Direct the respondent no I (Centre) to provide the copies of the letter submitted on record before this Hon`ble Court," said Tejinder Singh in his plea.
The Centre earlier had told the court that it had no role in issuance of the alleged press release as it was drafted and released by the Army after a proper consultation with its top brass as per their media policy.
The retired lieutenant general, in his plea, has cited provisions of the Army Act and the rules to drive home the point that the Army is not authorised to issue a public statement without prior approval of the Central government.
"It is pertinent to submit that as per the Army Act, Army Rules and the Defence Technical Publicity Rules, the Army and the Army personnel, including Army chief, are not authorised to directly address the public or media, without prior approval of the respondent no 1 (Centre). The Army could not have any media policy of its own, as has been wrongly informed by the respondent no. 1 to the Court," the application said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers