Temporary suspension of train movement on August 15
New Delhi: Train movement will remain suspended temporarily between Old Delhi and Shahdara stations due to Independence Day celebrations at Red Fort on August 15.
As a result, some trains will be regulated, rescheduled and cancelled on that day, said a senior Northern Railway official.
The train movement between the two stations will remain suspended from 6.45 AM to 8.30 AM, the official said.
While Azamgarh-Delhi Kaifiyat Express and Khurja-Old Delhi Shakurbasti train will be regulated at Sahibabad, Pratapgarh-Old Delhi Padmavat Express train will be regulated at Shahadra.
Kalka-Howrah Mail and Lalgarh-Guwahati Avadh Assam Express trains will be regulated at Old Delhi station till clearance.
The Dehradun-Sarai Rohilla Mussoorie Express train will be diverted towards Sahibabad-Tilak Bridge-New Delhi-Sarai Rohilla.
The Sonepat-Old Delhi-Sahibabad train will be diverted to Subzi Mandi-New Delhi-Tilak Bridge route.
Departure of some trains are being rescheduled due to the restriction on train movement in the morning hour.
Shamli-Old Delhi passenger train will depart from Shamli at 4.30 AM instead of 3.15 AM.
The Old Delhi-Alipurduar Sikkim Mahananda Express train scheduled to depart at 6.40 AM from Old Delhi will be rescheduled to depart at 8.45 AM after clearance.
The departure of Old Delhi-Kotdwara Garhwal Express train scheduled at 7.20 AM from Old Delhi will be rescheduled to 8.55 AM after clearance.
The Ghaziabad-New Delhi, Old Delhi-Ghaziabad and Delhi- Shamli-Delhi passenger trains will remain cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Deepika Padukone enters 'world`s highest-paid actresses' list
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding