Temporary suspension of train movement on August 15
New Delhi: Train movement will remain suspended temporarily between Old Delhi and Shahdara stations due to Independence Day celebrations at Red Fort on August 15.
As a result, some trains will be regulated, rescheduled and cancelled on that day, said a senior Northern Railway official.
The train movement between the two stations will remain suspended from 6.45 AM to 8.30 AM, the official said.
While Azamgarh-Delhi Kaifiyat Express and Khurja-Old Delhi Shakurbasti train will be regulated at Sahibabad, Pratapgarh-Old Delhi Padmavat Express train will be regulated at Shahadra.
Kalka-Howrah Mail and Lalgarh-Guwahati Avadh Assam Express trains will be regulated at Old Delhi station till clearance.
The Dehradun-Sarai Rohilla Mussoorie Express train will be diverted towards Sahibabad-Tilak Bridge-New Delhi-Sarai Rohilla.
The Sonepat-Old Delhi-Sahibabad train will be diverted to Subzi Mandi-New Delhi-Tilak Bridge route.
Departure of some trains are being rescheduled due to the restriction on train movement in the morning hour.
Shamli-Old Delhi passenger train will depart from Shamli at 4.30 AM instead of 3.15 AM.
The Old Delhi-Alipurduar Sikkim Mahananda Express train scheduled to depart at 6.40 AM from Old Delhi will be rescheduled to depart at 8.45 AM after clearance.
The departure of Old Delhi-Kotdwara Garhwal Express train scheduled at 7.20 AM from Old Delhi will be rescheduled to 8.55 AM after clearance.
The Ghaziabad-New Delhi, Old Delhi-Ghaziabad and Delhi- Shamli-Delhi passenger trains will remain cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day