Ten Metro stations to remain closed tomorrow as well
New Delhi: Ten Metro stations in Central Delhi, which were closed down today for an indefinite period, will be out of bounds for the public tomorrow as well to prevent agitators from reaching India Gate to protest the death of the gang-rape victim.
All the stations which were locked down are close to India Gate and Raisina Hill, the epicentre of the protests against the brutal gang-rape.
The stations that will remain closed tomorrow are Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Barakhamba Road, Rajiv Chowk, Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Race Course, Jor Bagh and Khan Market.
However, inter-change facility will be allowed at Rajiv Chowk and Central Secretariat stations, DMRC officials said.
The decision to close down the Metro stations was taken by Delhi Police which is making all out efforts to prevent protesters from reaching India Gate. They have already blocked the entire India Gate area.
Police had last week also closed down Metro stations to prevent protesters from reaching the protest sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport