Ten Metro stations to remain closed tomorrow as well
New Delhi: Ten Metro stations in Central Delhi, which were closed down today for an indefinite period, will be out of bounds for the public tomorrow as well to prevent agitators from reaching India Gate to protest the death of the gang-rape victim.
All the stations which were locked down are close to India Gate and Raisina Hill, the epicentre of the protests against the brutal gang-rape.
The stations that will remain closed tomorrow are Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Barakhamba Road, Rajiv Chowk, Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Race Course, Jor Bagh and Khan Market.
However, inter-change facility will be allowed at Rajiv Chowk and Central Secretariat stations, DMRC officials said.
The decision to close down the Metro stations was taken by Delhi Police which is making all out efforts to prevent protesters from reaching India Gate. They have already blocked the entire India Gate area.
Police had last week also closed down Metro stations to prevent protesters from reaching the protest sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Hero launches 17 cycles, price starts Rs 7,000
- Full List: 10 wealthiest countries in the world; India at 7th place
- Father arrested for sexually abusing 2 minor girls
- New global migration map may help fight malaria
- 7th CPC: Committee of Secretaries on Allowances to meet on September 1; invites employees' unions for talks