`Terminator train` to check mosquito breeding in capital
New Delhi: To check mosquito breeding along
rail tracks, a `mosquito terminator train` was today flagged
off from the New Delhi station which will run across the
Capital and surrounding areas.
The train was flagged off by MCD Commissioner K S Mehra
and DRM Delhi Division Ashwini Lohani.
The train will traverse the length and breath of the
Capital from New Delhi to Hazrat Nizamuddin via Shahdara and
Anand Vihar and travel the ring railway via Lajpatnagar.
It will also travel from New Delhi station to Rathdhana
(near Narela) via Adarsh Nagar and Badli spraying larvicides
in water bodies along railway track, keeping the health of
rail passengers and people living along the tracks in mind.
"By spraying the larvicides this special train is
sanitising water bodies upto a distance of 50-60 meters along
the tracks," said Northern Railway officials.
The effort has been made possible due to an innovative
approach by Railways. A truck mounted power sprayer provided
by MCD has been loaded on a special kind of low surface flat
rail wagon hauled by a locomotive for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?