Territorial Army man battered to death by colleague
New Delhi: A 42-year-old Territorial Army man was battered to death by his colleague in Delhi Cantonment area of South West Delhi last night, police said on Tuesday.
According to the police, the deceased, identified as Sajjan Singh, was a constable in the in the Territorial Army. The attacker, who too is a constable with the Territorial Army, is Devender Mann who has been arrested.
"It was a case of mistaken identity. Devender had a tiff with one armyman and had been looking for an opportunity to settle scores with him. On Sunday night, Devender was desperately looking for his enemy to eliminate him when he saw Sajjan sleeping in their camp.
"Devender mistook Sajjan to be his enemy and repeatedly hit him on his head with an iron rod. As blood oozed out of his head, Devender fled from the spot," said a senior police official.
Sajjan was taken to RR Hospital in the Cantonment area where he succumbed to his injuries during the course of treatment.
An FIR under section 302 (murder) of IPC was lodged by the police in this case.
During investigation, police got to know that Devender was last seen near the crime scene. He was apprehended and interrogated by the police during which he broke down and confessed his involvement in the murder, following which he was arrested, police said.
The weapon of the offence, the rod used in the commission of the crime, has also been recovered. Devender has been remanded to fourteen days judicial custody by a local court, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India