Terror groups having training camps in neighbouring countries
New Delhi: A number of terrorist groups
have training facilities in neighbouring countries including
Pakistan, Government on Tuesday said.
"Available inputs indicate that a number of terrorist
groups are having training infrastructure in neighbouring
countries, including Pakistan," Minister of State for Home
Ajay Maken said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
He said though there was a decreasing trend in
infiltration in Jammu and Kashmir in 2010, there has been a
"slight" increase in infiltration attempts as compared to
"95 persons have been apprehended on the Indo-Pak
border during 2010 (upto October 31) as compared to 83 persons
apprehended during corresponding period in 2009," Maken said.
On the Indo-Bangladesh border, 1,386 people were
apprehended this year as compared to 2,460 during the
corresponding period in 2009.
He said steps were being taken to secure borders by
various methods like patrolling by security personnel, laying
of nakas and ambushes besides setting up of flood lighting and
increased border posts.
Maken said the government has sanctioned additional 16
battalions to augment Border Outposts in riverine and hilly
vulnerable segments of the Indo-Bangladesh border to be raised
in phased manner from 2009-10 to 2013-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid