Terror-hit Delhi HC to get 49 more CCTV cameras
New Delhi: Terror-hit Delhi High Court would
get 49 more CCTV cameras to be installed at various strategic
locations in and around the court premises within three weeks.
A high-level meeting at the High Court, attended by
senior officials, including the Chief Secretary of Delhi
Government and the Special Police Commissioner (Law and
Order), decided to step up security by also installing four
vehicles` scanners at entry points of the court complex.
The meeting, which lasted for nearly two hours, was
presided by Chief Justice Dipak Misra, D K Sharma, Secretary
of the Delhi High Court Bar Association (DHCBA), told agency.
A decision to "de-congest" adjoining roads and areas near
the court premises has also been taken, Sharma said.
A senior official of the Sports Authority of India (SAI)
said in the meeting that it had enough CCTV cameras which were
meant for the 2010 Commonwealth Games and are now lying unused
and can be installed here, the DHCBA Secretary said.
Since the suitcase blast at the reception counter that
killed 12 persons and injured scores, a series of meetings are
being held at the High Court involving various officials of
different government agencies.
Chief Justice of India S H Kapadia had also visited the
blast site yesterday and held a meeting with bar leaders and
the judges of the High Court to discuss the security scenario.
The decision to shift cars` parking from the High Court
to NDMC-run parking lots near India Gate was also taken in the
meeting and shuttle services would be provided to lawyers and
litigants from there, the DHCBA Secretary said.
Besides the Chief Secretary and the Special Police
Commissioner, five senior judges of the High Court, Chairman
of NDMC and representatives of CPWD and the International
Trade Promotion Organisation also took part in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read