Terror threat looms large over India Gate
New Delhi: India Gate, located in the national capital, is once again on terror radar, according to the Delhi Police.
City Police chief Neeraj Kumar has written to the Secretary, Urban Development Ministry stating India Gate could be targeted by terrorists.
In the letter, of which Zee News has a copy, Kumar stated that terrorists disguised as hawkers could carry out attack at India Gate.
“Also, it is difficult to identify hawkers and vendors,” he added.
He also highlighted lack of sufficient lighting in and around India Gate, especially in lawns located there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat