Terror threat looms large over India Gate
New Delhi: India Gate, located in the national capital, is once again on terror radar, according to the Delhi Police.
City Police chief Neeraj Kumar has written to the Secretary, Urban Development Ministry stating India Gate could be targeted by terrorists.
In the letter, of which Zee News has a copy, Kumar stated that terrorists disguised as hawkers could carry out attack at India Gate.
“Also, it is difficult to identify hawkers and vendors,” he added.
He also highlighted lack of sufficient lighting in and around India Gate, especially in lawns located there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers