Terror threat looms large over India Gate
New Delhi: India Gate, located in the national capital, is once again on terror radar, according to the Delhi Police.
City Police chief Neeraj Kumar has written to the Secretary, Urban Development Ministry stating India Gate could be targeted by terrorists.
In the letter, of which Zee News has a copy, Kumar stated that terrorists disguised as hawkers could carry out attack at India Gate.
“Also, it is difficult to identify hawkers and vendors,” he added.
He also highlighted lack of sufficient lighting in and around India Gate, especially in lawns located there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?
- 'India stalling dialogue with Pakistan to avoid negotiations on Kashmir'
- Cancer woes: Parsley, dill can actually be the cure!
- Spine chilling! French swimmer Yannick Agnel promises to swim around the Nordic island if Iceland win Euro 2016
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 second flash sale on July 5; registrations open