There is nothing unprecedented in AAP’s achievement: BJP
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi took a swipe at Aam Aadmi Party on Friday, saying that there is nothing unprecedented in what the latter has achieved.
He further added that AAP’s achievement is similar to the victory of TDP’s NT Rama Rao in Andhra Pradesh.
In 1983, the late N T Rama Rao`s TDP stormed to power within nine months of its formation, forming the first non-Congress government in Andhra Pradesh.
After the dazzling debut of AAP in the Delhi elections, Naqvi had also ridiculed the party by calling it ‘Aam-Amrud Party’ - a party of fruits. Moreover, he also mocked the party for claiming to stop Narendra Modi and the BJP.
Naqvi on Wednesday had also called AAP a ‘by-product’ of Congress and said that both AAP and Congress are worried about BJP`s prospects in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate