Thick fog engulfs Delhi-NCR, rail, road, air traffic hit
New Delhi: Many parts of northern India, including Delhi-NCR region woke up to season's first dense fog Wednesday morning.
The thick blanket led to low visibility, which affected rail, road and air traffic.
Flight operations at Delhi and Lucknow airport have taken a major hit, with many flights being delayed.
Around 40 trains running through New Delhi Railway Station were running behind schedule.
Besides Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and parts of Uttar Pradesh were also covered by dense fog.
According to Sky Met, Delhi, Haryana and Punjab are expected to witness moderate fog for few more days.
The Sky Met further said that Palam reported thick fog, with the visibility dropping to 400 meters between 6 am to 7 am. R K Puram, Saket, AIIMS, Dhaula Kuan, East of Kailash, Noida and Faridabad too reported similar visibility conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened