Thief at Pranab`s function flees with journo`s bag
New Delhi: A thief managed to flee with the bag of a woman journalist of a Hindi news channel from a five- star hotel during a function attended by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee two days ago.
Police said on Friday the incident took place in Taj Palace Hotel on June six night when Aaj Tak channel had organised a function which was attended by Mukherjee and others.
Poonam Sharma, editor of Aaj Tak Tez, complained to police that her bag containing her credit cards, PAN card, identity card, some silver jewellery and two expensive glasses was stolen.
In her complaint, Sharma claimed that the CCTV camera footage was very poor though it showed her entering the venue with her bag.
A case of theft has been registered.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata