Thief at Pranab`s function flees with journo`s bag
New Delhi: A thief managed to flee with the bag of a woman journalist of a Hindi news channel from a five- star hotel during a function attended by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee two days ago.
Police said on Friday the incident took place in Taj Palace Hotel on June six night when Aaj Tak channel had organised a function which was attended by Mukherjee and others.
Poonam Sharma, editor of Aaj Tak Tez, complained to police that her bag containing her credit cards, PAN card, identity card, some silver jewellery and two expensive glasses was stolen.
In her complaint, Sharma claimed that the CCTV camera footage was very poor though it showed her entering the venue with her bag.
A case of theft has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah