Thief at Pranab`s function flees with journo`s bag
New Delhi: A thief managed to flee with the bag of a woman journalist of a Hindi news channel from a five- star hotel during a function attended by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee two days ago.
Police said on Friday the incident took place in Taj Palace Hotel on June six night when Aaj Tak channel had organised a function which was attended by Mukherjee and others.
Poonam Sharma, editor of Aaj Tak Tez, complained to police that her bag containing her credit cards, PAN card, identity card, some silver jewellery and two expensive glasses was stolen.
In her complaint, Sharma claimed that the CCTV camera footage was very poor though it showed her entering the venue with her bag.
A case of theft has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss