Thieves decamp with ECM of DD official`s car
New Delhi: An outing at India Gate proved costly for a Deputy Director of Doordarshan as a thief decamped with the engine control module (ECM) of her car leaving her family stranded at night.
The incident took place on Sunday night when Preeti Singh took her family and sister-in-law Dr Neelam Shukla to India Gate for an outing, a senior police official said.
When they were returning, the official said, they found that their car was not starting and later a taxi driver told them that the ECM of the car has been stolen.
"I have to admit that it was a shocking experience after joining recently on transfer from Ahmedabad. Thieves have become so bold that they are striking without fear," Singh said in her complaint.
The car was parked near the crossing on Mansingh Road and Ashoka Road.
"When we returned, we found that vehicle was not starting. We tried to push start it thinking the ignition was not working.
"Then we linked all the anomalies like the car`s door was broken and became aware that someone had entered the car and stolen something. We moved our vehicle near Curzon Road Hostel while pushing to start it.
"We all were exhausted and the kids started crying so we left our vehicle there only after a taxi driver told us that the car will not start as the ECM has been stolen," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information