Thirty-eight new dengue cases in Delhi, total affected 710
New Delhi: Delhi reported 38 new dengue cases Thursday, taking the number of people affected by the vector-borne disease in the capital to 710, health officials said.
"There were 38 fresh cases of dengue confirmed Thursday. This takes the total number of cases to 710," Debashish Bhattacharya, the state nodal officer for dengue cases, told reporters.
Two deaths due to dengue have been recorded, a 15-year-old boy and a nine-year-old boy.
The civic authorities have also initiated a crackdown by imposing fines on people for allowing water to stagnate, which leads to the breeding of mosquitoes that act as carriers for the disease.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!