Three arrested for prostitution; woman slips away from police
New Delhi: Three women, including two
Russians, were arrested here on charges of prostitution while
another managed to escape from custody from a hospital where
she was taken for treatment, police said on Thursday.
The arrests came following a scuffle locals had with
the inmates of a guest house `365-Inn` in south Delhi`s
Mahipalpur Extension last evening, a senior police official
Over 100 locals had gathered in front of the guest
house to protest against the alleged running of a prostitution
racket from there, the official said adding, this led to a
scuffle between them and some pimps.
Acting on a call from a local police raided the
premises and found four women, two Russians and two Indians,
in the building, the official said.
Locals claimed that police had nabbed one of the pimps
but officials did not confirm this.
One of the Indian women complained of medical problems
and was taken to AIIMS by police but she managed to flee, the
The other three women were placed under arrest and a
case of immoral trafficking was registered against all the
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview
- Draft Bill for statehood of Delhi is ready: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- China, Japan foreign ministers hold rare talks to reduce mistrust in ties