Three arrested for running fake domestic help bureau
New Delhi: Police on Tuesday arrested three
persons for allegedly running a fake racket of supplying
domestic helps through which they had duped a senior IAS
officer with the National Security Council.
Lokesh, Shahshikant and Shekhar, all in their early
twenties, were arrested with fake documents and visiting
The arrests were made on a complaint by Vandana Kini,
working as Director in National Security Council.
Kini said that she saw an advertisement in a newspaper
by the Siddharth Group Maid Bureau and contacted one Deepak
Kumar to ask for a domestic help.
Deepak informed the complainant that his office is
located in Badarpur area and after bringing the maid from
Jharkhand he would drop her at Kini`s residence.
He also said that he would charge a commission of Rs
13,000 for the work and would replace the maid at any time if
she finds her unsuitable.
On February 6 last year, another person sent by Deepak
contacted her and came to her residence with a girl and took
the commission money as well as the maid`s salary.
He also got some papers signed by the complainant
including terms and conditions. However, the same evening the
maid was found missing.
When the officer tried to contact Deepak on the given
telephone numbers, all the phones were found to be switched
Detailed investigation in the area led the police to
arrest the three from Burari.
During sustained interrogation of the accused persons,
it was revealed that after suffering losses in their
businesses, the three had opened fake placement agencies and
started providing maid servants brought from Jharkand and
Bihar area, police said.
Leaders of the gang Annu and Abhimanyu hail from
District Gumla, Jharkhand and are still at large. They used to
give advertisements in leading newspapers in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit impact: RBI will provide liquidity wherever necessary, says Raghuram Rajan
- I should speak less now, jokes Salman Khan
- POSTER alert! Erika Kaar in Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay'
- Maharashtra districts to have own disaster management plan
- Despite big money on table, Rahul Dravid rejected Anurag Thakur's offer to coach India - Here's why