Three arrested for theft at lawyer`s chamber
New Delhi: Police on Thursday claimed to have
cracked a theft case at a lawyer`s office in east Delhi with
the arrest of three persons, including a "super thief" who has
30 cases against him in Mumbai and Delhi.
Ramji Lal (30), who the police describe as "super
thief", tea vendor Sudhir Kumar (47) and Munesh Kumar Gupta
(49), a clerk working with a lawyer, were recently arrested
from various localities in East Delhi.
They were allegedly involved in the theft at lawyer R
S Goswami`s chamber in Kakardooma Courts. Police have
recovered Rs 1.97 lakh and a car and a scooter purchased using
stolen cash, Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) K C Dwivedi
The lawyer had claimed that Rs 14.2 lakh was stolen
from his chamber on February 23.
The arrests came following investigations suggesting
that Lal could be involved in the case. Lal was caught first
and his arrest led to Kumar and Gupta, who allegedly informed
him about the amount kept in the lawyer`s chamber.
"Lal even visited Goswami`s office before executing
the theft. Lal along with his associate Sunil committed the
theft. As the main gate of chambers was closed, both of them
climbed down through a pipe," Dwivedi said.
"They also did not take the licenced weapon of the
lawyer which was kept in the locker. Lal told police that they
deliberately did not take it as they felt it would become
sensational and they might be tracked through the pistol," he
During questioning, Dwivedi claimed that Lal told the
police he had committed several burglaries in Mumbai, Thane,
Kalyan, Karnal, Ambala, Delhi and NCR. In 2006, he along with
his associates committed burglary of several lakhs of rupees
at Competent Automobiles.
Lal hails from Trilokpuri in west Delhi.
Kumar is a tea vendor by profession and runs a tea
shop on fourth floor of lawyer`s chambers in Karkardooma
Gupta is a clerk by profession and worked in the court
for last several years. He is a "bad character" of Shakarpur
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?