Three arrested for theft at lawyer`s chamber
New Delhi: Police on Thursday claimed to have
cracked a theft case at a lawyer`s office in east Delhi with
the arrest of three persons, including a "super thief" who has
30 cases against him in Mumbai and Delhi.
Ramji Lal (30), who the police describe as "super
thief", tea vendor Sudhir Kumar (47) and Munesh Kumar Gupta
(49), a clerk working with a lawyer, were recently arrested
from various localities in East Delhi.
They were allegedly involved in the theft at lawyer R
S Goswami`s chamber in Kakardooma Courts. Police have
recovered Rs 1.97 lakh and a car and a scooter purchased using
stolen cash, Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) K C Dwivedi
The lawyer had claimed that Rs 14.2 lakh was stolen
from his chamber on February 23.
The arrests came following investigations suggesting
that Lal could be involved in the case. Lal was caught first
and his arrest led to Kumar and Gupta, who allegedly informed
him about the amount kept in the lawyer`s chamber.
"Lal even visited Goswami`s office before executing
the theft. Lal along with his associate Sunil committed the
theft. As the main gate of chambers was closed, both of them
climbed down through a pipe," Dwivedi said.
"They also did not take the licenced weapon of the
lawyer which was kept in the locker. Lal told police that they
deliberately did not take it as they felt it would become
sensational and they might be tracked through the pistol," he
During questioning, Dwivedi claimed that Lal told the
police he had committed several burglaries in Mumbai, Thane,
Kalyan, Karnal, Ambala, Delhi and NCR. In 2006, he along with
his associates committed burglary of several lakhs of rupees
at Competent Automobiles.
Lal hails from Trilokpuri in west Delhi.
Kumar is a tea vendor by profession and runs a tea
shop on fourth floor of lawyer`s chambers in Karkardooma
Gupta is a clerk by profession and worked in the court
for last several years. He is a "bad character" of Shakarpur
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price