Three arrested in Lajpat Nagar heist case
New Delhi: Three persons were arrested for the daring broad-day light heist in which around Rs 8 crore had been looted in Lajpat Nagar area here on Tuesday.
The arrested have been identified as Tinku, Praveen and Bhola. The trio was arrested by the special cell of Delhi Police.
"Three persons have been arrested while further raids are being conducted to nab their five accomplices. Recovery is being made from different parts of the National Capital," a senior police officer said on Saturday.
Although police have not disclosed the location of their arrest, police sources said that the trio was arrested from south Delhi and other areas, adding that all accused are henchman.
Late last night, police has detained six people, including close aides of Rajesh Kalra, and identified some of their other associates.
Tuesday`s robbery, one of the biggest in the national capital in terms of money involved, was carried out in a matter of minutes.
Police had said around five to six armed men intercepted a Honda City car near Lajpat Nagar Metro station and fled with the vehicle and Rs 7.69 crore cash.
The incident took place at 9:00 AM, when Rakesh Kumar a businessman and manager of Kalra and his partner Rahul Ahuja, was going to Karol Bagh along with three employees, identified as driver Subodh, Rajesh and Baijnath.
Kumar and the other were travelling in Kalra`s car. Kumar had told police that they collected cash from Kalkaji and Greater Kailash to deposit it in two separate bank accounts in Karol Bagh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal