Three autolifters arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: With the arrest of three persons, police on Friday claimed to have busted a gang of auto lifters and recovered four stolen vehicles.
"Amar alias Bandar, a resident of village Chandanhaulla, was arrested on February 6 after police put up picket at Anuvrat marg in South Delhi following secret information that an autolifter would be coming to Chhatarpur area to dispose of the stolen car," said Chhaya Sharma, DCP South District.
When policemen were checking the vehicles, a car suddenly stopped ahead of picket, the occupants got down and fled.
After a chase, the driver Amar was arrested and during the probe, the vehicle was found to have been stolen from Mehrauli area.
During interrogation, he disclosed the name of Mohammad Bilal, also resident of village Chandanhaulla and he was also arrested. A stolen car was recovered from him, police said.
Bilal, during interrogation, revealed the name of Mohammad Azharuddin, a resident of Naugawan Arjunpur of Uttar Pradesh`s Aligarh district, who was also arrested, said Sharma, adding with the arrest of these people, four cases of vehicle theft had been solved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi