Three autolifters arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: With the arrest of three persons, police on Friday claimed to have busted a gang of auto lifters and recovered four stolen vehicles.
"Amar alias Bandar, a resident of village Chandanhaulla, was arrested on February 6 after police put up picket at Anuvrat marg in South Delhi following secret information that an autolifter would be coming to Chhatarpur area to dispose of the stolen car," said Chhaya Sharma, DCP South District.
When policemen were checking the vehicles, a car suddenly stopped ahead of picket, the occupants got down and fled.
After a chase, the driver Amar was arrested and during the probe, the vehicle was found to have been stolen from Mehrauli area.
During interrogation, he disclosed the name of Mohammad Bilal, also resident of village Chandanhaulla and he was also arrested. A stolen car was recovered from him, police said.
Bilal, during interrogation, revealed the name of Mohammad Azharuddin, a resident of Naugawan Arjunpur of Uttar Pradesh`s Aligarh district, who was also arrested, said Sharma, adding with the arrest of these people, four cases of vehicle theft had been solved.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels