Three autolifters arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: With the arrest of three persons, police on Friday claimed to have busted a gang of auto lifters and recovered four stolen vehicles.
"Amar alias Bandar, a resident of village Chandanhaulla, was arrested on February 6 after police put up picket at Anuvrat marg in South Delhi following secret information that an autolifter would be coming to Chhatarpur area to dispose of the stolen car," said Chhaya Sharma, DCP South District.
When policemen were checking the vehicles, a car suddenly stopped ahead of picket, the occupants got down and fled.
After a chase, the driver Amar was arrested and during the probe, the vehicle was found to have been stolen from Mehrauli area.
During interrogation, he disclosed the name of Mohammad Bilal, also resident of village Chandanhaulla and he was also arrested. A stolen car was recovered from him, police said.
Bilal, during interrogation, revealed the name of Mohammad Azharuddin, a resident of Naugawan Arjunpur of Uttar Pradesh`s Aligarh district, who was also arrested, said Sharma, adding with the arrest of these people, four cases of vehicle theft had been solved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- We are now talking to China eye-to-eye, raising issues of Indian interests boldly: PM Narendra Modi
- Release date of Salman Khan starrer 'Sultan' announced!
- What you need to know about dietary supplements!
- Euro 2016: Italy Vs Spain, England Vs Iceland; players to watch out for
- Govt pursuing black money very aggressively: Jayant Sinha