Three autolifters arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: With the arrest of three persons, police on Friday claimed to have busted a gang of auto lifters and recovered four stolen vehicles.
"Amar alias Bandar, a resident of village Chandanhaulla, was arrested on February 6 after police put up picket at Anuvrat marg in South Delhi following secret information that an autolifter would be coming to Chhatarpur area to dispose of the stolen car," said Chhaya Sharma, DCP South District.
When policemen were checking the vehicles, a car suddenly stopped ahead of picket, the occupants got down and fled.
After a chase, the driver Amar was arrested and during the probe, the vehicle was found to have been stolen from Mehrauli area.
During interrogation, he disclosed the name of Mohammad Bilal, also resident of village Chandanhaulla and he was also arrested. A stolen car was recovered from him, police said.
Bilal, during interrogation, revealed the name of Mohammad Azharuddin, a resident of Naugawan Arjunpur of Uttar Pradesh`s Aligarh district, who was also arrested, said Sharma, adding with the arrest of these people, four cases of vehicle theft had been solved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof