Three Bangladeshis arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: Three Bangladeshis, who sneaked
into India for better livelihood, have been arrested in the
capital for their alleged involvement in cases of robbery and
burglary, police said on Tuesday.
The arrested were identified as Mohd Mustafa (24), Mohd
Tara (25) and Mohd Yasin (24), all of them hailing from
Madaripur in Bangladesh and presently residing in Bawana,
Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sagarpreet Hooda said,
adding they were caught yesterday from Bawana.
The trio had allegedly robbed cash and jewellery worth Rs
20 lakh from a house in Chandni Chowk in February, 2008 after
tying the legs of the land lady and a young boy.
After committing the crime, Tara had gone to Bangladesh
to dispose off his share of looted property and returned to
Delhi five months back, while Yasin sent his share to some of
his relatives through another Bangladeshi.
Another accused in the same case, Ajay is presently in
"The gang is involved in at least nine cases. All the
three arrested are from poor family and sneaked into India in
search of better livelihood. They worked as a ragpickers
before turning into crime," Hooda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!