Three centenarian Indians in Saudi to perform Haj
Dubai: A 107-year-old Indian is among three centenarians from the country in Saudi Arabia, who will perform Haj this year.
Ismail from Haryana, who is 107 years old, is the eldest of the trio, with 102-year-old lady Havabibi Shaikh from Gujarat and 100-year-old Ilyas from Uttar Pradesh, the Arab News reported.
"All these three pilgrims are well-oriented with Haj rituals and are also in good health. The Indian medical mission has been visiting them on a regular basis to check their health condition," Indian Consul General Faiz Ahmed Kidwai was quoted as saying by the newspaper.
All of them have come through the India`s Central Haj Committee, the report said.
As many as 1,00,191 pilgrims, carried by a total of 337 flights of Saudi Airlines and Air India, have arrived in Saudi Arabia till Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed