Three Delhi malls evacuated after bomb threat
New Delhi: Three malls were evacuated in Saket area of south Delhi Sunday after a news channel received a fax about a bomb threat there, police said.
"A news channel received a fax Sunday afternoon about a bomb in a mall in Saket area. Following this, police were rushed there and three malls in the area were evacuated," a police officer told a news agency.
"The bomb disposal squad has reached the spot and a search is on. The parking area was also sealed off. Hundreds of people were standing outside the malls waiting for the search to end. Being a Sunday, there were huge crowds in the malls," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says