Three Delhi malls evacuated after bomb threat
New Delhi: Three malls were evacuated in Saket area of south Delhi Sunday after a news channel received a fax about a bomb threat there, police said.
"A news channel received a fax Sunday afternoon about a bomb in a mall in Saket area. Following this, police were rushed there and three malls in the area were evacuated," a police officer told a news agency.
"The bomb disposal squad has reached the spot and a search is on. The parking area was also sealed off. Hundreds of people were standing outside the malls waiting for the search to end. Being a Sunday, there were huge crowds in the malls," the officer added.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: WATCH - How IAF's Mi-17 lifts water from Bhimtal lake to spray it over affected areas
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama
- AgustaWestland scam: Manohar Parrikar to place all details about deal before Parliament on May 4
- READ: Rohit Sharma's touching hand-written letter to fans on his 29th birthday!
- `Obama out`: President gets in final laughs with US media