Three Delhi malls evacuated after bomb threat
New Delhi: Three malls were evacuated in Saket area of south Delhi Sunday after a news channel received a fax about a bomb threat there, police said.
"A news channel received a fax Sunday afternoon about a bomb in a mall in Saket area. Following this, police were rushed there and three malls in the area were evacuated," a police officer told a news agency.
"The bomb disposal squad has reached the spot and a search is on. The parking area was also sealed off. Hundreds of people were standing outside the malls waiting for the search to end. Being a Sunday, there were huge crowds in the malls," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH