Three Delhi Police cops thrashed in two incidents
New Delhi: Three Delhi Police personnel, including a constable and two head constables, were beaten up by two drunk men and five men dressed as advocates in two separate incidents here, police said Friday.
In the first incident, a 58-year-old head constable was thrashed by five unidentified men dressed as advocates at around 10 a.m. Thursday at Tis Hazari Court campus.
Head Constable Sumer was beaten up by the "advocates" after he tried to stop a man from entering the court premises with his bicycle.
"The man managed to enter the campus and threatened the head constable. He returned with three-four men who were dressed like lawyers. They beat up the head constable and fled," police said.
Sumer was rushed to a nearby hospital and was discharged after preliminary treatment.
A case regarding the incident has been registered.
In another incident, 25-year-old Constable Gajraj was beaten up by two drunk men when he stopped them from drinking on road here Tuesday around 8 p.m.
The men also assaulted Head Constable Raj Singh when he intervened.
The accused were arrested on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America