Three Delhi Police cops thrashed in two incidents
New Delhi: Three Delhi Police personnel, including a constable and two head constables, were beaten up by two drunk men and five men dressed as advocates in two separate incidents here, police said Friday.
In the first incident, a 58-year-old head constable was thrashed by five unidentified men dressed as advocates at around 10 a.m. Thursday at Tis Hazari Court campus.
Head Constable Sumer was beaten up by the "advocates" after he tried to stop a man from entering the court premises with his bicycle.
"The man managed to enter the campus and threatened the head constable. He returned with three-four men who were dressed like lawyers. They beat up the head constable and fled," police said.
Sumer was rushed to a nearby hospital and was discharged after preliminary treatment.
A case regarding the incident has been registered.
In another incident, 25-year-old Constable Gajraj was beaten up by two drunk men when he stopped them from drinking on road here Tuesday around 8 p.m.
The men also assaulted Head Constable Raj Singh when he intervened.
The accused were arrested on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...