Three die after inhaling toxic gas in Delhi
New Delhi: Three men, including an in charge of public convenience, were killed Thursday after inhaling poisonous gases inside a drain here, police said.
The incident took place at Narela in west Delhi.
Ratnesh Jha, 25, Rishi Vijay, 24 and Govind Paswan, 30, were found unconscious inside the drain around 5 pm and taken to Satyawadi Raja Harish Chander Hospital where doctors pronounced them dead.
According to police, Jha was in-charge of a public convenience. On Thursday, a sanitary sewer line got choked and Rishi was engaged to clean the drain.
According to a police officer, when Rishi did not come back, Jha went inside to trace him. When he too failed to return, Paswan, a friend of Jha, also entered to see what had happened, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000