Three drown in Yamuna
New Delhi: Three people, including a five-year-old boy, drowned in Yamuna river during the immersion of Lord Ganesha`s idol in various part of the capital Sunday, police said.
"The victims have been identified as Kunal, 5, Sanjay Sareen, 30, and Prabhakar Sharma, 32," said a police officer.
While Kunal drowned near Wazirabad Bridge where he had gone with his family for the immersion of idol, Sareen and Sharma were swept away by the current of the river near Mayur Vihar in east Delhi.
Despite divers being called, the bodies could not be fished out of the river, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city