Three drown in Yamuna
New Delhi: Three people, including a five-year-old boy, drowned in Yamuna river during the immersion of Lord Ganesha`s idol in various part of the capital Sunday, police said.
"The victims have been identified as Kunal, 5, Sanjay Sareen, 30, and Prabhakar Sharma, 32," said a police officer.
While Kunal drowned near Wazirabad Bridge where he had gone with his family for the immersion of idol, Sareen and Sharma were swept away by the current of the river near Mayur Vihar in east Delhi.
Despite divers being called, the bodies could not be fished out of the river, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured