Three drown in Yamuna
New Delhi: Three people, including a five-year-old boy, drowned in Yamuna river during the immersion of Lord Ganesha`s idol in various part of the capital Sunday, police said.
"The victims have been identified as Kunal, 5, Sanjay Sareen, 30, and Prabhakar Sharma, 32," said a police officer.
While Kunal drowned near Wazirabad Bridge where he had gone with his family for the immersion of idol, Sareen and Sharma were swept away by the current of the river near Mayur Vihar in east Delhi.
Despite divers being called, the bodies could not be fished out of the river, said police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India