Three drown in Yamuna
New Delhi: Three people, including a five-year-old boy, drowned in Yamuna river during the immersion of Lord Ganesha`s idol in various part of the capital Sunday, police said.
"The victims have been identified as Kunal, 5, Sanjay Sareen, 30, and Prabhakar Sharma, 32," said a police officer.
While Kunal drowned near Wazirabad Bridge where he had gone with his family for the immersion of idol, Sareen and Sharma were swept away by the current of the river near Mayur Vihar in east Delhi.
Despite divers being called, the bodies could not be fished out of the river, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail