Three drown in Yamuna
New Delhi: Three people, including a five-year-old boy, drowned in Yamuna river during the immersion of Lord Ganesha`s idol in various part of the capital Sunday, police said.
"The victims have been identified as Kunal, 5, Sanjay Sareen, 30, and Prabhakar Sharma, 32," said a police officer.
While Kunal drowned near Wazirabad Bridge where he had gone with his family for the immersion of idol, Sareen and Sharma were swept away by the current of the river near Mayur Vihar in east Delhi.
Despite divers being called, the bodies could not be fished out of the river, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra