Three given death penalty for burning woman alive
New Delhi: A man, along with his daughter and
son, has been awarded death penalty by a Delhi court for
burning alive his daughter-in-law to corner her property.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Ramesh Kumar-II ordered
gallows for Gokalpuri resident Gulbeg Ali, his son Zulfikar
Ali and daughter Kumari Mubin Fatima for setting ablaze victim
Shama Parveen in October 2009 in their house.
The court sentenced the trio, relying upon the victim`s
dying declaration in which she had accused them of setting her
"It has been established that all the accused persons had
been found in dominating position over the helpless Shama
Praveen (since deceased) and from their motive and intention,
it has also been established that they had murdered her in
extreme brutal manner in order to deprive her of her share in
the property i.e. for gain of money," the court sauid.
It also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 each on the convicts.
The judge, while sentencing the convicts, observed that
woman must be respected everywhere as `Jahan istri ka samman
hota hai waha devta vaas karte hai` (the God resides where
women are given respect).
The court held Gulbeg guilty of burning alive his son
Sarfraz`s wife Shama Parveen with help from his another son
Zulfikar and daughter Mubin in the brutal act.
The police had said the incident took place in the wee
hours on October 22, 2009 when the accused had brought victim
to first floor of their house while she used to stay at the
Two of the accused had caught hold of the victim and the
third one set her on fire, the police had said. Shama Parveen
received 100 per cent burn injuries and died in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof