Three given death penalty for burning woman alive
New Delhi: A man, along with his daughter and
son, has been awarded death penalty by a Delhi court for
burning alive his daughter-in-law to corner her property.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Ramesh Kumar-II ordered
gallows for Gokalpuri resident Gulbeg Ali, his son Zulfikar
Ali and daughter Kumari Mubin Fatima for setting ablaze victim
Shama Parveen in October 2009 in their house.
The court sentenced the trio, relying upon the victim`s
dying declaration in which she had accused them of setting her
"It has been established that all the accused persons had
been found in dominating position over the helpless Shama
Praveen (since deceased) and from their motive and intention,
it has also been established that they had murdered her in
extreme brutal manner in order to deprive her of her share in
the property i.e. for gain of money," the court sauid.
It also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 each on the convicts.
The judge, while sentencing the convicts, observed that
woman must be respected everywhere as `Jahan istri ka samman
hota hai waha devta vaas karte hai` (the God resides where
women are given respect).
The court held Gulbeg guilty of burning alive his son
Sarfraz`s wife Shama Parveen with help from his another son
Zulfikar and daughter Mubin in the brutal act.
The police had said the incident took place in the wee
hours on October 22, 2009 when the accused had brought victim
to first floor of their house while she used to stay at the
Two of the accused had caught hold of the victim and the
third one set her on fire, the police had said. Shama Parveen
received 100 per cent burn injuries and died in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo