Three held for forging documents to secure housing loan from bank
New Delhi: Three persons, including a married couple, were arrested for allegedly using forged documents to secure home loan worth Rs 1 crore from a private bank.
According to the police, Sushil Kumar, alias Sandeep Kumar, Pawan Kumar Goel, alias Vishal Kumar, and his wife Nikita Goel, alias Sakshi Goel, were arrested by Subhash Place police on Tuesday.
"A complaint was received from HDFC bank, Subhash Place branch, that the bank had sanctioned two housing loans to two different parties and on verifying the documents it was found that they had provided forged documents for obtaining loan.
"The total amount of sanctioned loan was Rs 56,15,452 to Sandeep Kumar and Rs 51,19,792 to Vishal Kumar and Nikita Goel. After getting the sanctioned loan amount, all the persons were untraceable," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Nort-East) P Karunakaran said.
During the course of investigation, call details of the phone numbers provided by the trio to the bank were obtained and analysed, following which they were arrested, the police said.
18 cheque books of different banks, eight MTNL telephone bills, 15 pan cards have been recovered from them. All the recovered documents were on fake name and addresses.
Recovery of cash is yet to be made, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery