Three held for forging documents to secure housing loan from bank
New Delhi: Three persons, including a married couple, were arrested for allegedly using forged documents to secure home loan worth Rs 1 crore from a private bank.
According to the police, Sushil Kumar, alias Sandeep Kumar, Pawan Kumar Goel, alias Vishal Kumar, and his wife Nikita Goel, alias Sakshi Goel, were arrested by Subhash Place police on Tuesday.
"A complaint was received from HDFC bank, Subhash Place branch, that the bank had sanctioned two housing loans to two different parties and on verifying the documents it was found that they had provided forged documents for obtaining loan.
"The total amount of sanctioned loan was Rs 56,15,452 to Sandeep Kumar and Rs 51,19,792 to Vishal Kumar and Nikita Goel. After getting the sanctioned loan amount, all the persons were untraceable," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Nort-East) P Karunakaran said.
During the course of investigation, call details of the phone numbers provided by the trio to the bank were obtained and analysed, following which they were arrested, the police said.
18 cheque books of different banks, eight MTNL telephone bills, 15 pan cards have been recovered from them. All the recovered documents were on fake name and addresses.
Recovery of cash is yet to be made, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015