Three held for forging documents to secure housing loan from bank
New Delhi: Three persons, including a married couple, were arrested for allegedly using forged documents to secure home loan worth Rs 1 crore from a private bank.
According to the police, Sushil Kumar, alias Sandeep Kumar, Pawan Kumar Goel, alias Vishal Kumar, and his wife Nikita Goel, alias Sakshi Goel, were arrested by Subhash Place police on Tuesday.
"A complaint was received from HDFC bank, Subhash Place branch, that the bank had sanctioned two housing loans to two different parties and on verifying the documents it was found that they had provided forged documents for obtaining loan.
"The total amount of sanctioned loan was Rs 56,15,452 to Sandeep Kumar and Rs 51,19,792 to Vishal Kumar and Nikita Goel. After getting the sanctioned loan amount, all the persons were untraceable," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Nort-East) P Karunakaran said.
During the course of investigation, call details of the phone numbers provided by the trio to the bank were obtained and analysed, following which they were arrested, the police said.
18 cheque books of different banks, eight MTNL telephone bills, 15 pan cards have been recovered from them. All the recovered documents were on fake name and addresses.
Recovery of cash is yet to be made, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks