Three held for forging documents to secure housing loan from bank
New Delhi: Three persons, including a married couple, were arrested for allegedly using forged documents to secure home loan worth Rs 1 crore from a private bank.
According to the police, Sushil Kumar, alias Sandeep Kumar, Pawan Kumar Goel, alias Vishal Kumar, and his wife Nikita Goel, alias Sakshi Goel, were arrested by Subhash Place police on Tuesday.
"A complaint was received from HDFC bank, Subhash Place branch, that the bank had sanctioned two housing loans to two different parties and on verifying the documents it was found that they had provided forged documents for obtaining loan.
"The total amount of sanctioned loan was Rs 56,15,452 to Sandeep Kumar and Rs 51,19,792 to Vishal Kumar and Nikita Goel. After getting the sanctioned loan amount, all the persons were untraceable," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Nort-East) P Karunakaran said.
During the course of investigation, call details of the phone numbers provided by the trio to the bank were obtained and analysed, following which they were arrested, the police said.
18 cheque books of different banks, eight MTNL telephone bills, 15 pan cards have been recovered from them. All the recovered documents were on fake name and addresses.
Recovery of cash is yet to be made, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says