Three held for kidnapping boy from Delhi
New Delhi: Three persons, including a juvenile, have been arrested from Bihar`s Madhepura district for allegedly kidnapping a three-year-old boy from Azadpur in North West district about a fortnight ago, police said on Friday.
Pankaj Bhagat, 23, Rajesh Rishi, 34 and a 14-year-old boy had allegedly kidnapped three-year-old Krishan, alias Golu, son of Ghanshyam Bhagat, who was a distant relative of Pankaj, on the issue of money, they said.
Pankaj, who used to supply vegetables to roadside eateries had taken a loan of Rs 20,000 from Ghanshyam. He was demanding his money back but Pankaj was unable to return.
"Envy of Ghanshyam`s business and angered over continuous pestering for money, Pankaj, along with his brother-in-law, planned kidnap of the boy. They abducted the child on October 13 when he came his house to buy biscuits from the shop situated below his house," said P Karunakaran, DCP North West district.
Ghanshyam lodged a complaint with police after the boy didn`t return for quite some time and they failed to find him nearby. During their search, somebody informed them that the boy was last seen with Pankaj and a juvenile. Ghanshyam tried to call Pankaj but he didn`t pick up the phone, the official said, adding Pankaj had demanded a ransom of Rs 10 lakh for the safe release of the child.
Acting on information, police raided Pankaj`s relative in Ludhiana from where they got information that he had gone to Madhepura in Bihar, following which the accused`s house was raided and the kidnapped boy was recovered, the police official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP