Three held for kidnapping boy from Delhi
New Delhi: Three persons, including a juvenile, have been arrested from Bihar`s Madhepura district for allegedly kidnapping a three-year-old boy from Azadpur in North West district about a fortnight ago, police said on Friday.
Pankaj Bhagat, 23, Rajesh Rishi, 34 and a 14-year-old boy had allegedly kidnapped three-year-old Krishan, alias Golu, son of Ghanshyam Bhagat, who was a distant relative of Pankaj, on the issue of money, they said.
Pankaj, who used to supply vegetables to roadside eateries had taken a loan of Rs 20,000 from Ghanshyam. He was demanding his money back but Pankaj was unable to return.
"Envy of Ghanshyam`s business and angered over continuous pestering for money, Pankaj, along with his brother-in-law, planned kidnap of the boy. They abducted the child on October 13 when he came his house to buy biscuits from the shop situated below his house," said P Karunakaran, DCP North West district.
Ghanshyam lodged a complaint with police after the boy didn`t return for quite some time and they failed to find him nearby. During their search, somebody informed them that the boy was last seen with Pankaj and a juvenile. Ghanshyam tried to call Pankaj but he didn`t pick up the phone, the official said, adding Pankaj had demanded a ransom of Rs 10 lakh for the safe release of the child.
Acting on information, police raided Pankaj`s relative in Ludhiana from where they got information that he had gone to Madhepura in Bihar, following which the accused`s house was raided and the kidnapped boy was recovered, the police official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan